This warranty is solely and entirely applicable to all ADATA-branded products (only to the extent of those mentioned in Article 1 ; hereinafter referred to as “Products”), and supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether in oral or written, between you and ADATA.
1. Applicable Products and Terms of Warranty
(1) USB Flash Drives/USB OTG/Memory Cards/DRAM Modules:
ADATA USB Flash Drives, USB OTG, Memory Cards, and DRAM Modules are all covered by a lifetime warranty
(exceptions: UE710 covered by a one-year warranty; AI920 covered by a two-year warranty) commencing from the purchase date. (2) External Storage: ADATA external HDD and external SSD are covered by a three-year warranty commencing from the purchase date. (3) Solid State Drives: ADATA SSD are covered by a three-year warranty (exceptions: SU900/SX930/SX8000/SX7000/SX6000 covered by a five year warranty.
SP920 purchased after October 1st 2015 covered by five year warranty. SX950 covered by six year warranty) commencing from the purchase date. (4) Power Banks, Cables and Accessories: ADATA Power BanksCablesa and Accessories are covered by a one-year warranty commencing from the purchase date. (5) Card Readers: ADATA Card Readers are covered by a lifetime warrranty, except for USB-C OTG Readers, which are covered by a one-year warranty and the AI910,
which is covered by a two-year warranty commencing from the purchase date.
Note: In the event that a law or regulation of a particular country/region requires a warranty with specific terms for Products, ADATA shall, in such country/region, provide warranty services to those local consumers in accordance with such law or regulation.
2. Warranty Service (1) Subject to the terms and conditions hereunder, ADATA provides, without any charges or fees, replacement or repair services to our customers for defective Products within the applicable warranty term (hereinafter referred to as “Warranty Service”). The warranty term commences from the original purchase day. If Warranty Service is needed, any documentation which is able to prove the original purchase day should be provided. If the original purchase day cannot be determined, the commencement of the warranty term will be determined by ADATA according to the Product serial number. (2) Please contact the local reseller where the purchase was made for help. Or you may, at your option, make a Warranty Service Request on ADATA’s RMA service webpage. Through your request on the webpage, ADATA will provide Warranty Service from ADATA headquarter. In this case, the cost of transportation and relevant insurance for the delivery of the Product to ADATA shall be borne by you, and ADATA shall cover the cost of all other transportation and relevant insurance when returning the Product back to you after Warranty Service completion. (3) Please note that: A、 ADATA may replace the defective Product with a spare product from stock as in lieu of repairing the Product, and after replacement, ADATA may at its sole option dispose of defective Products. Therefore, in this case, the repaired Products you receive may not be the original Products you sent for Warranty Service, and the original Product will not be returned back to you as well. B、 In the event that production of the Product has been discontinued or factory repair service is no longer provided, ADATA will, at its sole discretion, offer a substitute in equivalent level or class for such Product instead.
3. Scope of Warranty and Disclaimer (1) This Warranty does not apply to defects or damages to Products caused by human error-related factors or any other non-ordinary factors, including but not limited to: A、 Malfunctions or damages caused by force majeure such as natural calamity or any inappropriate use by any person. B、 Product has been repaired or taken apart by unauthorized technicians. C、 Warranty label is altered, damaged or missing. D、 Product serial number does not conform to ADATA’s records, or is difficult to ascertain. Exception of warranty
(2) NEVER does this Warranty apply to the recovery or back-up on any digital data in the Product. ADATA does not guarantee the completeness of digital data stored in the Product during and after Warranty Service, and is not liable for any damages or losses of digital data stored in repaired Products. Furthermore, ADATA shall in no event be liable for, during the delivery of the Product, any damages to the Product and any losses of digital data stored in Products. Consequently, before sending the Product to ADATA for Warranty Service, if it is equipped with storage function, it is suggested that you make a back-up of your digital data from the Product and remove those digital data from the Product. (3) To the extent that applicable laws or regulations allow, in no event shall ADATA be liable, under this Warranty, for any losses of profit, anticipated savings and digital data, or indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages caused by Products. (4) ADATA manufactures consumer and business-class Products. Since Products are not designed for extreme precision technology or absolute safety applications, it is not recommended to apply the Products in life support machines or other emergency equipment, which may lead to personal injury or death if such equipment is defective or suffeers a breakdown, including but not limited to medical or medical-related equipment, military or military-related equipment, aircraft, traffic control equipment, disaster prevention systems, combustion control system, nuclear energy system, and so forth. ADATA shall not be liable for any personal injury or death, or any loss or damages to property arising from such kind of application mentioned above. (5) ADATA makes no other warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether expressly or impliedper the Products. In the event that any law or regulation of a particular country/region prohibits the exclusion of implied warranty (i.e. warranty of merchantability and fitness), the terms of ADATA’s implied warranty shall be subject to such laws/regulations or the Warranty term hereunder, whichever is shorter.